Friday, October 14, 2011

Not The Baby I Was Praying For

It was late (as usual) and I was driving home from work. I crossed in front of my house (to go around and down the ally to my garage) and saw something small on my front porch. I came in the back door and went to open my front door (thinking I had a package). In pranced a tiny kitten. The fluffiest, cutest, sweetest little flea-ridden kitten you've ever seen. The second I picked it up, it started purring.

I have 3 Chihuahuas. THEY LOVED THE KITTEN!!!! It was as if they knew it was a baby that needed to be cared for. They licked it and followed it around the house (I didn't know it had fleas at this point in time).

I don't do cats. I grew up with the crazy cat lady (my mom) and I just don't do cats. Kittens are adorable, but this one too would grow up to be a cat. So I promptly called my mom (crazy cat lady) to come and get the little kitten. By the time she got there, the kitten was curled up in the dog bed with two of the three Chihuahuas asleep.

It broke my heart.

How many times have we IFs wished that the stork would drop off a baby on our front porch. BUT THIS WAS NOT THE BABY I WAS PRAYING FOR!

Where did this kitten come from? How did it get onto my porch? This just proves that God has a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment