Monday, October 3, 2011

Fertility - NOT COVERED

I have been MIA for about a week and was a horrible participant in IComLeavWe, but for good reason.

I recently started hairdressing school and with that have been working 14-15 hour days that end at about 11pm. The first week I had a cold, so that was fun. The second week, all hell broke loose at work. Without getting into the gory details, I will leave it at this:

Dear Grown Men Who Would Rather Push People Down To Get To Where They Want To Go Than Do The Work That It Takes To Be Successful:

I'm sorry that my hard work, confidence and ambition are "intimidating" and make you feel bad about yourself. Instead of trying to bring me down by making false accusations and defaming my good character, how bout we team up and help each other to both be successful. Oh, you don't want my help because I'm a 25 year old woman and you have an aversion to hard work? Well, best of luck to you in your future!!!!

XOXO,
Kendra

(I do want to briefly point out that said 30-year-old douchebag has two small children (little girls) with a woman that he refers to as his wife though they are not married for whatever reason)

So I took this peach of a situation as God's final push to say, "Quit your miserable job, go to school full time, and let yourself be happy!" And I did. Today I formally announced my resignation.

All of this means that I will be dead broke for the next 9 months (for some reason I find it ironic that it takes the same amount of time to get my cosmetology license as it would to bake a baby), I will lose my insurance, and we will not be taking our trip to Italy next year. We looked into my husband's company's insurance, and it was a joke! Almost 3x the cost of our current plan and no infertility coverage. But you know what, I would rather be happy now than be miserable for another year and get a trip to Italy and insurance to pay for more disappointment. And plus, maybe I will be such an amazing hair stylist that I will make enough money to go to Italy and pay for infertility treatments out of pocket....one can dream!!!

What it all boils down to is that recently I made the decision that I was going to stop fighting, planning, controlling, and give my life fully to God. I went rogue with infertility, and apparently I'm going rogue with the rest of my life! And you know what? IT FEELS PRETTY DARN GOOD!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!

    I'm so glad you took that one step that set you on a path that's taking you somewhere good. There's no shame in going rogue, it can sometimes be the best possible choice!

    ReplyDelete