Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hi, My Name Is Kendra And I'm A Perfectionist

I am a type A, control freak, perfectionist.

I want perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect nails, perfect clothing, perfect accessories, perfect home, perfect marriage, perfect dogs...are you getting the picture?

Let me explain. These "perfect" things that I want are not deemed perfect by me in light of materialism, but in the sense that they are my idea of the perfect scenario of what my life would be.

I was driving home today and saw a girl out running in the cutest little outfit with amazing legs and felt really crappy about myself for not working out. No matter that I have been working 14 hours a day. It is never enough. I never meet my own expectations.

A couple of years ago my husband and I heard a sermon about the expectations you go into a marriage with and being able to accept that everything is not going to be a fairytale. Why is it that I am able to understand and accept the limitations within my marriage but not within myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment