Friday, November 5, 2010

Back to the beginning

In August of 2008, my husband of two years (partner of 6 years) and I finally decided we were ready to begin trying for a baby! We decided that the following August we would start trying, that would give me enough time to really prepare my body. I have a heart problem and had been taking steroids for 2 years and see a cardiologist every March. When I went in for my visit, my doctor told me that I could not take the medication I had been on once I got pregnant, and that it would be important for me to drink lots of water. I stopped taking the steroids immediately and went off the pill. In June, I celebrated my 23rd birthday, my husband celebrated his 27th, and we celebrated our 3 year anniversary. By July 2009 I started getting anxious because August was the month we really wanted to be pregnant by and I had already been off the pill for 3 months. So I started researching and began charting my bbt and taking vitex because my cycles had been pretty irregular. August and September passed and at the end of October when my period never came we were thrilled at the idea that we may be preggers! But the test said negative and so we waited. Still no evil witch, but still no positive hpt. So I went to my general doctor, who seemed less than concerned, and still the test was negative. She ordered a blood test to check my hormone levels and sent me on my way. My period was about two weeks late at this point and I was feeling like everything was a pregnancy symptom and maybe I was just one of those people that tested negative for a while, plus all the water I was drinking was diluting my urine. Then I started getting stomach pains and nausia. My doctor told me that sometimes when you want to be pregnant you cause yourself to have false symptoms, thanks! But she reluctantly sent me for a pelvic sonogram to rule out the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy. I had to wait two days for the results, and the conclusion was...I was ovulating. My doctor's explanation was that "sometimes women just miss their period once a year and its totally normal", thanks again! So now it was December and I had been off the pill for 9 mos. I was fully aware of the looming one year mark at which we would be considered officially infertile. So I decided since doctors had been less than helpful, I would turn to Eastern medicine.

Daniel 3:17&18. I know that my God is able to deliver me from this, but if He doesn't, I will still serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment