Monday, November 8, 2010

Clomid Round 1

I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had read all about clomid, the uses and possible side effects, read people's posts about clomid on numerous boards. I just didn't really know what to expect. I think I believed that it was this magic pill and once I took the first one, I would immediately feel different! But I took all five of them, and felt nothing. July 6th I had acupuncture. July 11th (cd17) I ovulated (I was still tracking my bbt). The only symptoms I had was a little bit of extra moodiness and pain during intercourse right around ovulation. On the 15th (cd21) I went in for a pelvic exam and a progesterone test, which showed my progesterone levels were sky high! The doctor sounded very hopeful and said that if I hadn't started my period in a week that I was probably pregnant! YAY! I took an early test on the 20th (9dpo) because my husband and I were leaving on a trip to Europe the next day, it was negative. I took another test on the 23rd (12spo), it was negative. I took another test on the 26th (15dpo), it was negative. On the 28th (17dpo) I started spotting, and I knew it was all over. I had all of these grand hopes that I would find out I was pregnant while wandering the streets of London or Paris. Could I find some fabulous baby names while in Europe? Buy little European baby outfits? I was devastated. I just knew that THIS would work! I had gotten my hopes up again for the first time in months. I had a 10hr flight home on July 31st (cd3) and started round two.

God arms me with strength and He makes my way perfect. Psalm 18:32

The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. Pslam 22:7

He renews my strength. He guides me along the right paths, bringing glory to His name. Psalm 23:3

No comments:

Post a Comment